Terms of Service
New York Gives Day, an initiative of the New York Council of Nonprofits (NYCON) and United Way of New York State (UWNYS), is supported by GiveGab, an online fundraising platform. As an organization choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner, NYCON and UWNYS requires that you agree to these Terms of Service:
- Eligible organizations are 501(c)(3) nonprofits and will provide an EIN number for verification.
- Eligible organizations are headquartered or providing services in New York State.
- Eligible organizations are expected to focus marketing efforts in the days immediately leading up to New York Gives Day to create a sense of excitement among donors, volunteers and media partners.
- Participating organizations that have a website or Facebook page are expected to add the New York Gives Day link to one or both.
- Staff members, board of directors and volunteers of participating organizations are encouraged to promote the New York Gives Day over the course of the event using social media.
- NYCON and UWNYS are not responsible for the amount of money contributed over the course of the event. Donors choose where to place their gifts and NYCON and UWNYS has no control of this process.
- Only online donations made through the New York Gives Day Platform on November 29, 2016 will count toward prizes and incentives offered as part of the event.
- GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event. In order to participate in New York Gives Day you must submit bank routing and account info to GiveGab so that donations may be deposited to your account
- Participating organizations will receive all monies donated less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor within 3 business days via electronic funds transfer.