Ready to be a champion for your favorite nonprofit during New York Gives Day?
Great! Your efforts will help make New York Gives Day a HUGE success!
It's time to take the love you have for your favorite nonprofit or charitable cause statewide! New York Gives Day is designed to make it super simple for you to build support for the organizations and causes you care about. So, let's get everyone in your network ready to give!
- Mark your calendar for November 29. Make a donation on November 29 to show you're all in!
- Become a champion for your nonprofit. You can raise funds for an organization through New York Gives Day.
- Visit the organization’s profile
- Click the "Fundraise" button!
- Spread the word. Talk about New York Gives Day with friends, family, and colleagues. Email your friends. Post about on it Facebook or share one of the posts on the New York Gives Day Facebook Page. Tweet about it or retweet one of ours from New York Gives Day Twitter Page. Change your profile picture and cover photos to #NYGivesDay graphics.
Basics to being a Fundraising Champion
What link do I share? You’ll want to share the link created for your fundraising page found in your Fundraising Toolkit. You can also share the main campaign link, and your supporters will still be able to donate to your specific page!
How do I get the word out? To get the word out about New York Gives Day, you’ll want to communicate with your contacts through email messages, social media posts, and word of mouth. Check out some of the sample content below for ideas of what to post and when!
What am I responsible for as a champion? As a Fundraising Champion you’re responsible for getting the word out about New York Gives Day, and encouraging support for your fundraiser and the organization that you are fundraising for!
Can I collect donations by cash or check? Yes! If someone makes a contribution by cash or check you can still have that donation count towards your personal fundraising goal. Email the contact person at the organization you are fundraising for with the donation amount and donor name so they can add it to your total.